Review a student's performance
You can view both a graphical representation of a particular student's performance for multiple sessions, and that student's specific responses to questions in specific sessions.
To view a student's performance
- From your My Courses list, click the name of the course to display its list of modules.
- Above the list, click Students.
- Click a student's name in the list.
To understand the graphical display
This image shows one student's performance during five Learning Catalytics sessions. The module names listed in the first column might typically reflect the module subject matter, but here the names reflect the type of module delivered in each session. The specific session ID and the date the session was delivered are listed next, followed by the number of students who participated in the session.
The Color Legend on the page helps you interpret the colored bars. Also note:
- Two bars that are nearly touching in the same row indicate the student's responses to the same question in Two Rounds, where the question was delivered twice.
- The narrow Not Scored bars show questions that Learning Catalytics did not score automatically. You can manually mark the student's responses as correct or incorrect.
Point to any bar to see the specific question represented.
- Click any bar to display the Session Review page, which opens to show the question represented by the bar you clicked. That page lists all responses to that question from all students who participated in that session. For more about that page, see Review results for a session.
At the top of the page, you can move alphabetically by last name through all students in the course. Click Previous student or Next student to display another student's performance graphically. You can also click Email this student to send mail to the currently displayed student.