You can share a course with other instructors or TAs who will help with the course. Once you share a course, each person you have shared the course with has full access to the course.
Activities allowed with full access
Colleagues and TAs can help with a course in several ways, including the following:
- Create a seat map
- Create teams and groups
- Set up modules
- Create questions
- Deliver module sessions
- Monitor messages and student understanding in module sessions you deliver
- Review session results and manually grade questions
- Review a student's performance
- Edit scores in the Learning Catalytics Gradebook
- Delete your course
Because full access also allows colleagues and TAs to view student data and delete or edit any of your course's features (or the course itself!), you might instead want to send a copy of your course to colleagues.
Any change a colleague makes in the copy you send has no effect on your course.
Others with whom your share a course must have a Learning Catalytics instructor account. Creating an account requires an access code, which can be obtained from your Pearson rep.
Go to LearningCatalytics.com and use your Pearson credentials to sign in.
- Click the course you want to share from your My Courses list.
- Click Share course.
Click + Share this course with another instructor.
Enter email addresses of instructors that you want to share this course with, and then click OK.
Remember: The people you invite to share the course will have full access to your course, including student data. If someone should not see student data or be able to alter your course, consider sending a copy of the course instead of sharing the course.
The recipients you listed will receive an invitation email from Learning Catalytics. Clicking the email's Accept this invitation link opens Learning Catalytics, where a recipient can log in to receive access to the course. The exception to this is if you are sharing a course across two Pearson accounts that share the same email. See the following "Important" note for details.
Important: If you are sending or sharing a Learning Catalytics course with a second Pearson account that uses the same email address as the sending/sharing Pearson account, do the following before accepting the invitation:
- Log out of the Learning Catalytics course that you're sending/sharing.
- Go to LearningCatalytics.com and use the credentials for the second Pearson account to log in. This is the account receiving the Learning Catalytics course copy.
If the second account accesses your Pearson course through a learning management system (LMS), reopen Learning Catalytics using your LMS and the second account.
- Do one of the following:
- Select the email's Accept this invitation link.
- Right-click the email's Accept this invitation link, copy the link's address, and paste it into the browser window where you are logged into the Learning Catalytics destination account.
After they accept the invitation, your course appears in each recipient's My Courses list.
From there, your colleagues can edit any settings or features of the copy, make copies of the copy and edit them, delete any copy, and copy modules from the course into their own courses.
If you click Share course again, you see the names of everyone who has accepted your sharing invitation, and you can click + Share this course with another instructor to invite others.
- Open the course you want to stop sharing from your My Courses list.
- Click Share course.
- Click in the row for a specific user, and then click x Stop sharing this course with this user.
Use your Pearson course's mechanism for adding section instructors or assistants to share teaching duties. If necessary, take further steps within your Pearson course to give them Learning Catalytics privileges. Doing so gives them full access to the Learning Catalytics course that is associated with your Pearson course.
Important: See Use the right Instructor Help for information on other features and procedures that apply to your Learning Catalytics experience.