Pearson eText app
Use the eText app to study on your phone or tablet while on the go, with or without WiFi.
- On your computer, open your eText at least once from your course. This action associates your Pearson account with the eText for your course.
- Download the Pearson eText app from your mobile device.
The app icon looks like this: (Android) or (iOS)Tablet app customers in Canada
Download the Pearson eText for Canada app from the app store for your tablet. This app works only for a PDF eText on a tablet, not a smartphone. The app icon looks like this:
How do I know if I use a PDF eText? In the browser view of a PDF eText, the page number appears at the top and the eText pages match the printed book exactly.Tablet app customers: Outside US and Canada, or those who use a MyLabs Plus or Mastering Plus course
The Pearson eText for Global and Pearson eText for Campus apps are no longer supported.
Download the Pearson eText app for tablets and phones, as described above.
- Open the eText from your course on a mobile device. You’ll be asked if you want to open the eText in its app. After you’ve crossed over into the app from your course at least once, you can go to your eText by opening the app directly.
- Sign in to the app with the same username and password that you use for your course. You remain signed in unless you explicitly sign out.
- Select to download your book from the app Bookshelf (requires WiFi). If applicable, your book may be labeled as being in PDF format.
If you’ve already downloaded the book, this option no longer appears.
The rate at which your book downloads depends on the size of the book, the speed of your Internet connection, and the syncing of any highlights, notes, and bookmarks you may have already added to the eText in browser view.
As long as your Pearson eText subscription is still active, you can download the same book title from the app on different devices as many times as needed. For example, both on your phone and tablet, or on a new phone.
The most recently used book appears at the top of the list. You can also search by title or author.
From the Bookshelf, select for the book and then Remove from device. If you're in the book, back out to get to the Bookshelf.
If you encounter any issues opening the eText, contact Pearson Support.
Open the eText and navigate in the app.
- Sign in to the app with the same username and password you use for your course.
- Select your book. It opens to the last eText content you viewed, whether in the app or on the web.
If you haven’t opened the book before, the book opens to its first page.
- Scroll down as you read. The print book page numbers appear along the left margin.
- You can read and study without WiFi access. Any links to external sites will be inactive without WiFi.
- To add a highlight in the book, long press and drag. You can also add an associated note. Use the Notebook to add any custom notes, not associated with a highlight.
Select then select from the bottom toolbar.
From the open Contents, you can select Notebook, Study Guide, or Bookmarks.
The Quick View feature is available for select titles only. Quick View lets you scan surrounding pages in a chapter, while keeping track of your current location. It can help you quickly refer back to some material or to scan ahead, like flipping through print book pages.
- Select from a book location to open Quick View.
Each chapter section appears as a single object in Quick View. The blue highlight indicates your current location in the book.
- Select another section to open it for scrolling. To investigate something, like to play audio or video, select the content.
- Select to close Quick View and return to your original content.
Study with your eText in the app.
Any highlights, notes, or bookmarks you add when working offline in the app are synced to the browser view of the eText after the app is back online.
If your book contains blue highlights with notes, these are notes from your instructor that are shared with the class.
- From the book content, hold your finger on a word (long press) and drag, releasing at the end of the passage you want to highlight. In select eTexts, you can also highlight an image (includes figures and tables) or video.
- Select a highlight color (green, yellow, or pink).
- [Optional] Select to add a note associated with the highlight. Select to return to the book. A note marker appears in the right margin.
To review a list of your book-based notes, select from the open book, and then Notebook from the bottom controls. You can also search for notes using the feature.
Use the Notebook to help you study and prepare for tests. The Notebook for your eText may provide some or all of the features described below.
- Select (top) from any book page.
- Select Notebook from the bottom controls.
- Select Add note to write your note and optionally give it a title.
- [Optional] Add a hashtag in the note text to categorize your note, such as #skeletalsystem.
- Categories you create are listed at the bottom of the open note.
- A note can be tagged with multiple hashtags.
- Select the notes you want to tag from the Notebook, either by selecting the lower left of individual notes or filtering your notes view (described in the next section).
- Select and assign a hashtag from the existing tags, such as #review_questions. A note can have multiple hashtags, like to identify if the note is for a video (in select eTexts).
Select Filter. Then filter by chapter or highlight to show only the notes you want.
To show only your custom notes, select No Highlight.
Select and identify where you want to send your notes, like to a notes app.
From a book page, select (top right).
To see all of your bookmarks, from any book location, select and then . Your bookmarks are listed in chapter order. Select a bookmark to go to its location.
- Select and enter your search term or phrase. Search results will include content and glossary terms. In some eTexts, results may also include images, videos, math and chemical equations, highlighted text, notes, and note tags.
Phrase searches — When searching on multiple words like atomic number, exact match results appear first followed by any matches to the individual terms, like atomic and number.
Filter your search by content type — After you enter a search term in some eTexts, you can filter the results to show matches of a particular content type only. You can filter by chapters, figures, glossary, content, notes and note tags, or videos.
- Select a search result to jump to that content in the eText, whether a glossary definition, content snippet, or other. In some eTexts, you can play a video from the results area.
- Select (top) from any book page and then select Study Guide. (The Study Guide is not available in PDF eTexts or books without a glossary.)
Select Key terms or Multimedia, if available. (These options appear in select eTexts only.)
Key terms — Practice all glossary terms or choose only your favorites. Quiz yourself by doing flashcards, matching, or practice (multiple choice) questions.
Multimedia — Choose from figures or interactive media, organized by chapter. Open the media in the book context or full screen mode.
- Change text font size — From an open book page, select and adjust the text size. (Not available for PDF eTexts.)
- Contact Pearson Support
- Select from any book page to return to your Bookshelf.
- Select your account initials (top right) then Support.
- Sign out from the eText app
After you sign in to the app with your Pearson account, you remain signed in unless you sign out.
- Select to back out of the eText and open your Bookshelf.
- Select your account initials (top right) then Logout (bottom).
What about printing? You can print individual book pages in the eText from a browser only, not when using the app on a mobile device. (Printing may not be enabled for all eTexts in browser view.)