Use the player with JAWS
Updated 20 Sep 2022
You can use the JAWS screenreader to enter answers without installing any custom scripts. You cannot currently use JAWS in the player on a tablet.
To enable the accessibility setting:
- Tap or click the settings icon on the upper right.
- Select Accessibility from the dropdown menu.
- Select On to enable the settings for JAWS.
- Click OK.
- Exit and re-enter your course.
When you log in again and open the player, you can use the screen reader to enter your answers.
You can use JAWS answer the following types of questions:
You can use keyboard shortcuts and the command-line language to enter special characters and symbols. For details, see Use the command-line language with JAWS.
With the current version of the player, you cannot use the screen reader to:
- Create a graph, plot on a number line, or read a visual display, such as a graph or table.
- Tag words or phrases in a paragraph or write an essay in a writing assignment.
- Show your work.
- Take locked-down tests. If you are asked to install the Pearson LockDown Browser, contact your instructor.