If you want to share a course with colleagues, without giving them full access to your course, you can send them a copy.
The copy includes all modules in the course, but has no student data. Any change a colleague makes in their copy has no effect on your course, and vice versa.
Others with whom you share a course must have a Learning Catalytics instructor account. Creating an account requires an access code, which can be obtained from your Pearson rep.
You also need the email address associated with each instructor's Pearson account in order to share the course.
- Click the course you want to share from your My Courses list.
- Click Send course.
- Enter email addresses of instructors that you want to share this course with, and then click OK.
Important: If you want to send a copy of a Learning Catalytics course that is associated with a Pearson course, such as a MyLab or Mastering course, follow the steps in the next section, and then see Use the right Instructor Help for information on other procedures that apply to your Learning Catalytics experience.
You need the email address associated with each instructor's Pearson account in order to share the course.
- Go to LearningCatalytics.com and use your Pearson credentials to sign in.
Click , and select the course you want to copy.
The new copy appears in your My Courses list with "Copy of" before the original course name.
- [Optional] Give the copy a unique course name.
- Click the new copy to open it.
- Click Send course.
- Enter email addresses of instructors that you want to send this course to, and then click OK.
Important: See Use the right Instructor Help for information on other procedures that apply to your Learning Catalytics experience.
The recipients you listed will receive an invitation email from Learning Catalytics. Clicking the email's Accept this invitation link opens Learning Catalytics, where a recipient can log in to receive access to the course. The exception to this is if you are sharing a course across two Pearson accounts that share the same email. See the following "Important" note for details.
Important: If you are sending or sharing a Learning Catalytics course with a second Pearson account that uses the same email address as the sending/sharing Pearson account, do the following before accepting the invitation:
- Log out of the Learning Catalytics course that you're sending/sharing.
- Go to LearningCatalytics.com and use the credentials for the second Pearson account to log in. This is the account receiving the Learning Catalytics course copy.
If the second account accesses your Pearson course through a learning management system (LMS), reopen Learning Catalytics using your LMS and the second account.
- Do one of the following:
- Select the email's Accept this invitation link.
- Right-click the email's Accept this invitation link, copy the link's address, and paste it into the browser window where you are logged into the Learning Catalytics destination account.
After they accept the invitation, your course appears in each recipient's My Courses list.
From there, your colleagues can edit any settings or features of the copy, make copies of the copy and edit them, delete any copy, and copy modules from the course into their own courses.