Updated 16 Dec 2021
Work you do on a mobile device is synced to your view of your Mastering course on a laptop or desktop computer.
- The username and password you use to sign in to your Mastering course.
- A supported browser. Check Mastering system requirements for the latest details.
- A Pearson student account is needed to access assignments in Mobile view. See below for more details about Mobile view.
You don't need to download any special app.
When you sign in to Mastering using your student account on a mobile device, the Course Home appears in Mobile view. This view is streamlined so students can focus on homework assignments and other activities. From here, you can:
- Work on any upcoming or overdue Mastering assignments.
- Join a Learning Catalytics session, if your instructor uses the Learning Catalytics in-class learning tool.
- Access any Dynamic Study Modules, if Dynamic Study Modules are available for your discipline and title.
- Open any eText associated with the course from the menu in the upper right. When prompted, follow the option to download the appropriate eText app. More about the Pearson eText and the app for Pearson eTexts (Pearson+)
- Open a supported browser on your mobile device and enter the URL for your Mastering course
, such as www.masteringbiology.com.
- Sign in by entering your username and password for your Mastering course.
Mastering detects that you are on a mobile device and presents the Mobile view of the Course Home, whether you are using a smartphone or tablet.
If you are participating in more than one Mastering course in the same discipline: Mastering defaults to the last course you opened.
How to switch your course view
- Tap the menu icon (top right).
The menu icon is available from the Mastering mobile course home, the assignment summary, and an open assignment item.
- Tap Sign Out.
You return to the Mastering sign-in page.