Multisemester courses typically use the same course materials over two or more semesters. Eligible students can sign up for a subsequent semester of a multisemester course without getting another student access code or making a payment.
To see which students are eligible for multisemester enrollment, export the course roster and then look for students with the “life of edition (LOE)” subscription type in the exported CSV file.
- The instructor for the first semester creates a MyLab or Mastering course and gives students the course ID.
- Students register for and complete the first course.
- The instructor for the subsequent semester creates a course using the same original course materials from the Pearson course catalog: Copy your own course or copy the course of the instructor who taught the completed semester.
- Do NOT select new edition when copying the course. Students who have already paid for the current course materials will need to pay to access a new edition course. Students can access a new version course without paying.
- See the course details for each course for more information about the original course materials.
- The instructor gives students the new course ID.
- Eligible students follow these steps to sign in and enroll in the new course:
- Go to https://pearsonmylabandmastering.com and sign in to an existing student account.
- Select Enroll in a course on the My Courses page.
- Enter the course ID for the new course and select Continue.
An access code or payment is not required to finish enrollment.
- The student opens the new course.
- No gradebook data carries over to the subsequent semester course because it is a new course section.
- It does not matter if different instructors teach each semester of the course.