Take locked-down tests
Updated 28 Sep 2022
When your instructor locks down a test or quiz, you cannot open other browser windows or other applications while you are doing the assignment. For example, you cannot use a desktop calculator or open a different browser. Question help is not available during a locked-down test or quiz.
You need to install the Pearson LockDown Browser to take a locked-down test or quiz on your PC or laptop. You cannot do locked-down assignments on your tablet or smartphone.
Use the Browser Check to install the latest version of LockDown Browser. If you already installed an older version, you are prompted to update when you open a locked-down assignment.
- When you take a locked-down test or quiz, select View a test page on the "Are you ready to start?" page.
If you see a success message, you already installed the latest LockDown Browser. If the page is blank or you see an error message, select Download Pearson LockDown Browser and install it.
- After you install LockDown Browser, select Start Test.
- Open the test or quiz from your Course Home page or the Homework and Tests page.
- Install LockDown Browser, if necessary.
- If the test or quiz includes automated proctoring, install the proctoring application, if necessary, and set up monitoring.
- Take the test or quiz, as usual.
If available, the calculator icon in the toolbar opens LockDown Browser's built-in calculator.
- After you submit your test or quiz, a message tells you that your locked-down session has ended. Select OK to continue.