Learning management system (LMS) customers: Don't follow the steps in this topic. Instead, search for register in LMS Help for students.
Students need three things to register and enroll in a MyLab or Mastering course:
Give your students the course ID so they can enroll. The course ID:
- Is a unique identifier for your particular course.
- Consists of your last name followed by five digits, for example, wong63229.
You can copy the course ID from:
- Your course creation confirmation email,
- The course tile or list view on the My Courses page, or
- The course details page.
The course ID is not related to the course number assigned by your institution.
Note: Don't give coordinator or instructor course IDs to students. Students can't enroll in these types of courses. To generate a course ID to give to students, create copies for student enrollment. (See coordinator courses or instructor courses.)
Students receive registration and enrollment confirmation by email.
- Students get an access code by buying either:
- A new textbook, or
- A student access kit at the campus bookstore.
A student can use this nontransferable access code only once.
- Students can also buy access online with a credit card or PayPal account during registration.
- If a student is waiting for financial aid, they can choose temporary access to your course for a limited time without payment (typically 14 days).
Students who already paid for course materials for a current or previous course don’t need to pay to enroll in a subsequent course based on the same materials. See Set up multisemester courses.
Most course confirmation emails include a course-specific link to student registration instructions that you can send to students. You can also select Details to download the PDF instructions from the course details page.
If your course doesn't include a link to registration instructions, print or copy the steps below and give them to students. Include your course ID for step 3.
- Go to www.pearsonmylabandmastering.com and select Student under Register.
- Select OK! Register now.
- Enter the course ID your instructor sent to you:
Course ID ______________
- Select Continue.
- Enter your username and password, and select Sign in.
If you don’t have a Pearson account, select Create and follow the instructions.
- Select one access option:
- Enter the Access Code that came with your textbook or that you purchased separately from the bookstore.
- Buy access using a credit card or PayPal.
- Get temporary access, if available.
- Select Get temporary access without payment at the bottom of the page.
- When prompted select Yes to complete your registration.
- Select Go to My Courses.
To sign in later:
- Go to www.pearsonmylabandmastering.com.
- Select Sign in.
- Enter your Pearson account username and password, and Sign in.
To learn more, see Get Registered.